News and Events
- December 2, 2015 University Advising Valerie Fontaine presented "Wanna Go In-House?" at UC Hastings College of the Law, a career services program and reception for students and recent alumni.
- December 2, 2015 University Advising Valerie Fontaine briefed UC Berkeley School of Law Career Services Counselors about the Southern California legal job market and discussed career development options with LLM students.
- October 13, 2015 Award Ceremony Madeleine Seltzer and Amber Handman were pleased to attend the cocktail party honoring the law firms included on the Daily Journal's inaugural list of California's top boutiques.
- October 5, 2015 Speaking Engagement Valerie Fontaine is featured in an ABA Podcast, "Which practice areas are going to be the most lucrative in the future?" - click to listen to the podcast or copy the following link to read the transcript: http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/podcast_monthly_episode_67.
- July - August, 2015 University Advising - Phone Consultations Madeleine Seltzer and Randy Beckwith conducted one-on-one career counseling sessions with Harvard Law School students.
- July 16, 2015 University Advising - Webinar Roberta Kass and Amber Handman presented a webinar entitled “The State of the California Legal Market” on behalf of the Yale Law School’s Career Development Office.
- May 13, 2015 Award Ceremony SeltzerFontaine was pleased to sponsor the tenth Annual Celebration of the Top Women Lawyers selected by the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals. The honorees, their friends, and colleagues celebrated at a gala event at the Montage Beverly Hills. SeltzerFontaine has sponsored this annual event since its inception.
- May 9, 2015 Community Involvement Valerie Fontaine organized a team of Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA) volunteers to participate in the LA area legal community's Food From the Bar program at the Westside Foodbank in Santa Monica.
- May 1, 2015 Conference Valerie Fontaine moderated a panel presentation, "Evaluating Lateral Partner Candidates: the Numbers and Beyond" featuring current and former BigLaw managing partners Edwin Reeser (Sonnenschein, now part of Dentons), Richard Rosenbaum (Greenberg Traurig), and Keith Wetmore (Morrison & Foerster), at the National Association of Legal Search Consultants (NALSC) Annual Conference in San Francisco.
- April 16, 2015 University Advising - Webinar Amber Handman presented a webinar for the students at Georgetown University Law Center about the California legal job market.
- April 8, 2015 Award Ceremony SeltzerFontaine was pleased to co-sponsor the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Gala Reception which, this year, honored attorneys Thomas V. Girardi and Howard B. Miller of Girardi Keese with the Beacon of Justice Award. Entertainment was provided by Burt Bacharach, backed by a seven-piece combo and three singers.
- March 19, 2015 University Advising Amber Handman spoke at Emory University School of Law about the California legal job market.
- March 4, 2015 University Advising Roberta Kass and Amber Handman presented to students at the University of Pennsylvania School of Law about the legal job market in California.
- March 3, 2015 Speaking Engagement Valerie Fontaine was interviewed on Women's Radio Network’s Open Forum Afternoon Show regarding her legal recruiting career.
- March 3, 2015 University Advising Roberta Kass and Amber Handman spoke to students at Columbia University School of Law about the California legal job market.
- March 2, 2015 University Advising Amber Handman and Roberta Kass talked to students at New York University School of Law regarding the California legal job market.
- February 6, 2015 University Advising Roberta Kass presented at the University of Texas School of Law regarding the California Legal Job Market.
- January 27, 2015 Award Ceremony SeltzerFontaine was honored to co-sponsor the "20 Under 40" gala reception at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica honoring California's rising legal stars selected by the Daily Journal.