News and Events
- 2014 Anniversary SeltzerFontaine celebrates 25 years of providing premier legal search consulting services. Click here to learn about our company history.
- November 21, 2014 University Advising Valerie Fontaine will speak at UC Berkeley School of Law on "Pitch Perfect": How to Promote Your LL.M. Credential with U.S. Employers."
- October 9, 2014University Advising - Webinar Amber Handman presented a webinar regarding the California Legal Job Market to Boston University School of Law Career Services professional staff. Following the webinar, Amber provided individual telephone career counseling sessions to individual students.
- July 10, 2014 University Advising - Webinar Roberta Kass and Amber Handman presented a webinar entitled “The State of the California Legal Market” on behalf of the Yale Law School’s Career Development Office.
- June-August, 2014 University Advising Madeleine Seltzer and Randy Beckwith conducted one-on-one career counseling sessions with Harvard Law School students.
- May 10, 2014 Community Involvement Valerie Fontaine organized a team of Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA) volunteers to participate in the LA area legal community's Food From the Bar program at the Westside Foodbank in Santa Monica.
- May 7, 2014 Award Ceremony SeltzerFontaine was pleased, once again, to sponsor the tenth Annual Celebration of the Top Women Lawyers selected by the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals. The honorees, their friends, and colleagues celebrated at a gala event at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. SeltzerFontaine has sponsored this annual event since its inception in 2005.
- May 3, 2014 Conference Valerie Fontaine will moderate the Town Hall Meeting at the NALSC (National Association of Legal Search Consultants) annual conference, "Racing to the Top . . . Recruiters Start Your Engines" in Charlotte, NC.
- April 9, 2014 Conference Valerie Fontaine chaired the panel discussion, "Lateral Partner Due Diligence: Perils, Pitfalls, and Best Practices" at the NALP (National Association of Law Placement) annual education conference in Seattle.
- April 3, 2014 University Advising Amber Handman presented to students at Emory University Law School regarding the legal job market in California.
- April 2, 2014 Award Ceremony SeltzerFontaine was pleased, once again, to sponsor the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Gala Reception which, this year, honors Justice H. Walter Croskey, Second District, Division Three of the Court of Appeal, with the Beacon of Justice Award.
- March 27, 2014 University Advising Amber Handman spoke at Georgetown University Law Center about the California legal job market.
- March 26, 2014 University Advising Roberta Kass and Amber Handman spoke to students at the University of Pennsylvania School of Law about the legal job market in California.
- March 25, 2014 University Advising Roberta Kass and Amber Handman spoke to students at Columbia University School of Law about the the California legal job market.
- March 24, 2014 University Advising Amber Handman and Roberta Kass presented to students at New York University School of Law regarding the California legal job market.
- January 6, 2014 University Advising Valerie Fontaine hosted a "Six at Six" program for current UC Hastings College of the Law students to discuss job search and career development strategies.